Following is the list of all the Life saving Computer Keyboard shortcut /tricks :-
While writing I mostly use the following shortcuts (in addition to the common shortcuts for copying, pasting, etc.):
- Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow – Move cursor to beginning of previous/next word.
- Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right Arrow – Select previous/next word.
- Ctrl+Backspace/Delete – Delete previous/next word.
- Ctrl+Shift+Backspace/Delete – Delete everything until beginning/end of the line.
- Ctrl+A – Select all text.
And while browsing:
- Ctrl+T – New tab.
- Ctrl+W – Close tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+T – Reopen most recently closed tab(s).
This is also convenient to restore your previous session when you start the browser.
- Ctrl+N – New window.
- Ctrl+Shift+N – New incognito window (in Chrome).
- Ctrl+L – Select the URL.
- Backspace – Go to the previous page.
- Shift+Backspace – Go to the next page.
For that extra screen space (tested on Chrome):
- Ctrl+Shift+B – Toggle Bookmark bar.
- F11 – Toggle Full screen mode.
(For Mac users use Command key instead of Ctrl.)
For windows user only-
- Window Button + Down Key – to minimize the currently active window
- Window Button + Up Key – to maximize the currently active window
- Window Button + Left Key – to align the currently active window on the left and Right key to align on the right
- Window Button + M – to minimize all open windows.
- ‘Windows key + D’ – to return directly to the desktop, minimizing all the open windows.
- CTRL+SHIFT+ESC – to open task manager
- Window key + L – to lock the system.
- Window key + # – to open the application pinned on the taskbar, where # is the position of the icon Starting from 1.
- Shift + Right click and then select open command prompt here to open the command prompt with the current directory set
- Shift + Right click on any item to see extra options.
Most of the above command will work on ubuntu also with CTRL
Now you might be wondering why are these life saving,these are life saving because these shortcuts save time and if time is saved life will be enlongated for more productive work and you might become a world leader someday using this obatined productive time.